New York City Workplace Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one were hurt on the job in New York City, you may have options for recovering financial compensation. Most injured workers mistakenly believe that workers’ compensation is always their only available choice. While that’s sometimes true, injured workers may also have the right to hold a negligent third party liable.
At Rosenbaum & Rosenbaum, P.C., our personal injury lawyers have been helping injured workers in NYC for over 40 years. We are here to fight to get the most compensation possible—which might include filing an injury lawsuit.
Speaking with an experienced NYC workplace accident lawyer is the first step toward protecting your legal rights. Call our law firm today at (212) 514-5007 for a free consultation to learn more about how we can help get the compensation you deserve.
How Can a Personal Injury Lawyer Help if I was Hurt in a NYC Workplace Accident?
People who are hurt on the job often learn quickly that workers’ compensation is not a perfect system. The insurance company might challenge whether your medical costs are reasonable—and might even try to make you go back to work before you’ve fully recovered.
An experienced personal injury lawyer can help you get fair compensation so that you can get the treatment you need—and not worry about bills piling up while you’re out of work. When you hire Rosenbaum & Rosenbaum, P.C., our respected New York City legal team will:
- Investigate to find out whether a third party might be responsible for paying you compensation
- Help with your workers’ compensation benefits claim so that you can get money to cover your bills as quickly as possible
- Negotiate with the insurance company so you don’t have to worry about the back-and-forth
- Defend your rights when the parties who caused your accident try to point the finger at someone else
Workplace accident claims are complicated because you might have multiple options for recovering compensation. Further, in complex work environments, multiple companies might also share in the blame. We work to find every possible source of compensation so that you get the most money possible.
When you’re hurt and struggling, remember that you don’t have to go it alone. Our legal team is committed to getting the money you need to get on with your life. If you were hurt in a workplace accident and want to explore your legal options, call us for a free consultation today.
How Serious Are Workplace Accidents?
Workplace accidents cause serious, often debilitating, injuries on a daily basis.
In 2018, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reported 2,834,500 work injuries in the United States. 5,250 of those workers lost their lives in workplace accidents.
Construction workers faced the most deadly occupation in 2018, with transportation and warehouse workers taking on the second-highest risk of death.
Over 900,000 injured workers had to miss time at work in order to recover from their injuries–suffering income loss while the medical bills likely continued to pile up.
Common Causes of Workplace Accidents in New York, NY
At Rosenbaum & Rosenbaum, P.C., our New York City personal injury attorneys help accident victims get the maximum compensation for their injuries.
Discovering the cause of your accident is the first step to determining how to get fair compensation. In other words, it’s how we find out who we can hold liable.
Workplace accidents often happen because of:
- Lack of proper safety and protective equipment
- Violation of OSHA safety rules
- Improperly trained employees
- Failure to communicate
- Failure to properly supervise employees
- Failure to inspect and maintain workplace equipment
- Defective equipment and tools
Our lawyers have a proven track record of successfully helping accident victims get maximum compensation no matter what the circumstances. Even if you think you caused the accident yourself, you may still be entitled to compensation.
If you were hurt in a workplace accident, you don’t have to agonize over how to pay the bills. Our experienced personal injury lawyers will fight to get every dollar you deserve.
Types of Workplace Accident Cases We Handle
At Rosenbaum & Rosenbaum, P.C., we have the experience and resources needed to handle even the most complex workplace accident cases.
Examples of the types of workplace accidents we can help with include:
- Construction accidents
- Forklift accidents
- Crane accidents
- Scaffolding and ladder falls
- Exposure to toxic chemicals
- Electrocution and electric shock
- Nail gun accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Workplace violence
- Accidents caused by unsafe construction equipment
- Motor vehicle accidents
When you need help getting back on your feet, call our lawyers. We can help with every aspect of your work-related injury claim—and we’ll stand by your side until you get the money you need to get back on track.
Common Workplace Accident Injuries
If you were injured on the job you have the right to some form of financial compensation.
Even if your recovery is relatively easy, the cost of an injury can quickly add up.
Common workplace accident injuries include:
- Brain injuries and concussions
- Spinal cord injuries
- Back and neck injuries
- Burn injuries
- Repetitive stress injuries
- Crush injuries
- Puncture wounds
- Soft tissue damage
- Loss of limbs
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death
Our lawyers know you might be facing a painful recovery. We don’t want you to worry. We can arrange to come to the hospital, your home or wherever is convenient. Even if you think you were partly to blame for your injuries, don’t hesitate to call us for help.
Understanding the New York City Statute of Limitations
If you were hurt in a work accident, you don’t have an unlimited amount of time to decide what to do. To pursue a personal injury lawsuit, you have only three years to get the process started. Workers’ compensation claims must be filed in only two years.
At Rosenbaum & Rosenbaum, P.C., our workplace accident lawyers can help you cut through the red tape and start the process for recovering fair compensation.
How Do I Get Compensation for My Work Injuries?
Injured workers have two primary options for recovering fair compensation: workers’ compensation and filing a personal injury claim.
The two options are not mutually exclusive–meaning that you can get workers’ compensation and still sue the negligent party for damages.
New York Workers’ Compensation
Almost every NYC employer is legally required to carry workers’ compensation insurance that covers all employees. Workers’ compensation is a no-fault system. That means, in theory, you should be able to file a claim for benefits after a work accident without proving what caused the accident.
Getting benefits does mean that you lose the right to sue your employer, as the party who paid into the workers’ compensation system. You can still sue someone else for damages if your employer didn’t cause the accident, however.
Workers’ compensation insurance covers:
- Reasonable medical costs
- A portion of your lost wages
- Death benefits in fatal workplace accident cases
- Permanent disability
These benefits are often necessary to help those injured at work get back on their feet. Unfortunately, your employer or the insurance company could challenge your right to benefits. Problems and issues injured workers often face in claiming benefits include:
- Challenges to your right to see your own doctor (you have to see an approved provider)
- Questions about whether your medical treatment is reasonable or necessary
- Questions about whether your injury was pre-existing, so not really caused by something at work
- Problems getting the correct amount of wage replacement benefits
- And more
These types of challenges can add insult to injury when you were hurt at work. Our lawyers will help you explore all potential strategies for recovering compensation. We can also help you fight back when your right to benefits is challenged.
Damages in a Third-Party Claim
You don’t have the right to sue your employer after a workplace accident.
That waiver does not impact your rights with respect to third parties whose negligence contributed to your injuries.
Examples of third-party claims include:
- A product liability lawsuit against a negligent equipment manufacturer
- An injury claim against the at-fault driver who caused a car accident while you were on the job
- A lawsuit against the general contractor on a construction site who failed to provide safe work conditions
Although you do have to prove fault in a third-party claim, you can also recover much more in damages. Our lawyers will fight to get compensation to cover the costs of:
- All current and future medical bills
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Your full lost wages
- Lost future earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Diminished quality of life
- Emotional distress or PTSD
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Damages for wrongful death
- And more
Getting what you deserve after a workplace injury can be an uphill battle. Our lawyers are here to smooth the process and help with your recovery. To learn more, give us a call today.
Contact an Experienced NYC Workplace Accident Lawyer for a Free Consultation
We know that many injured workers shy away from attorney advertising and getting legal advice because of the costs. In reality, the benefits far outweigh the costs–and there’s no cost at all in scheduling an initial case review.
If you or a loved one were hurt at work, call an experienced NYC workplace accident lawyer at Rosenbaum & Rosenbaum, P.C. for a free consultation today. We serve clients throughout NYC and Staten Island.
Additional Workplace Accident Resources
- Working Safely in Extreme Weather
- How to Report Unsafe Working Conditions in the State of New York
- What to Do If You Were Hurt on the Job in NYC
- How to Advocate for Yourself at Work
- The Difference Between Worker’s Compensation and Personal Injury in New York
- What Does New York Workers’ Compensation Insurance Cover?
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
- The New York State Senate
New York, NY Rehabilitation Centers
- Downtown Spine, Sports, & Orthopedic Rehabilitation PC – 65 Broadway Suite 603, New York, NY 10006
- Manhattan Sports Medicine- Downtown Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation – 30 Broad St #2005, New York, NY 10004
- Rehabilitation Medicine Center of NY – 80 Maiden Ln #703, New York, NY 10038
- Manhattan Rehabilitation Services – Rubin Residence Hall, 41 5th Ave #1c, New York, NY 10003
- Hopkins Center for Rehabilitation & Healthcare – 155 Dean St, Brooklyn, NY 11217
*Disclaimer – we do not endorse these companies or profit from having them listed on our website.
New York City Workplace Accident Lawyer Review
Read more of our reviews here.
Workplace Accident Infographic
Our personal injury law firm in NYC, NY also provides:
- Assault Injury Lawyers in NYC, NY
- Aviation Accident Lawyers in New York City, NY
- Bicycle Accident Attorneys in New York City, NY
- Car Accident Lawyers in New York City, NY
- Construction Accident Attorneys in Manhattan, NY
- Dog Bite Attorneys in Manhattan, NY
- Medical Malpractice Lawyers in New York City, NY
- Nerve Damage Lawyers in New York City, NY
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyers in New York, NY
- Premises Liability Attorneys in New York, NY
- Slip and Fall Accident Lawyers in New York City, NY
- Truck Accident Lawyers in Manhattan, NY
- Uber Accident Attorneys in New York, NY
- Wrongful Death Lawyers in NYC, NY