Industrial Accidents in New York City
Unfortunately, many people are injured every year in industrial accidents in NYC after doing nothing besides going to work and trying to support their families. NYC industrial accidents are preventable, but many companies prioritize speed and efficiency over worker safety.
If you were injured in an industrial accident, the New York City workplace injury attorneys at Rosenbaum & Rosenbaum, P.C. can help. Contact us today online or by calling (212) 514-5007 for a free consultation.
Table of Contents
How Our NYC Workplace Injury Lawyers Can Help After an Industrial Accident
For over 40 years, Rosenbaum & Rosenbaum, P.C. has been protecting the rights of accident victims who were injured because of the negligence of others.
Our law firm assists individuals who were injured in industrial accidents, including:
- Industrial accidents caused by toxic exposure
- Plant explosions, which can cause catastrophic injuries
- Accidents caused by violations of workplace safety regulations
- Accidents that result in permanent disability
An experienced NYC workplace injury attorney can help investigate the accident and determine all potentially liable parties. Rosenbaum & Rosenbaum, P.C. can communicate with insurance companies, meet legal deadlines, and argue to secure the most money possible for your claim.
Contact our law office in New York City, NY today for a free case review to discuss your legal rights and options.
How Common Are Industrial Accidents in New York?
The United States Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that 4,764 fatal work injuries were recorded in 2020 – and 59 of these fatalities occurred in New York City.
Fatal occupational injuries have ranged from 56 to 191 between 1993 and 2016. Industrial accidents disproportionately affect minority workers. 1,088 Latino workers were killed in workplace accidents in 2020, accounting for 22.5% of all fatal workplace accidents.
Industries in NYC Where Industrial Accidents Occur
While any industry can potentially have an accident that injures workers, certain industries in NYC are known for more industrial accidents, including:
- Fabricated metal
- Plastic production
- Rubber production
- Non-metallic mineral production
- Printed materials
- Food production
- Furniture production
Any environment that involves mechanical, chemical, or manual processes can potentially result in a serious industrial accident.
What Are Common Causes of Industrial Accidents?
Industrial accidents can be caused by various factors, such as:
- Chemical spills
- Refinery explosions
- Electric shock
- Work vehicle accidents
- Defective equipment
- Exposure to hazardous materials or chemicals
- Machine maintenance errors
- Violation of safety rules
An experienced New York City workplace injury lawyer can launch a thorough investigation to determine the factors that led to your injuries and work to hold all responsible parties accountable for the harm you have suffered.
Compensation You Can Recover After an Industrial Accident in New York City, NY
If you were injured in a way caused by a third party’s negligence, you are not limited to New York’s workers’ compensation system.
Instead, you can pursue a third-party claim against the negligent party for the full extent of your losses, including:
- The full extent of your lost wages, rather than only two-thirds of them
- Lost or reduced earning capacity if the accident left you permanently disabled
- Payment for all medical expenses that are reasonable and necessary, which may include emergency room treatment, hospital stays, rehabilitation, follow-up appointments, medication, and medical devices
- Payment for medical expenses you anticipate incurring in the future
- Pain and suffering, emotional anguish, mental distress, and other non-economic damages
An industrial accident can end your career. Therefore, it is important that you understand how your injuries will impact your future and hire a lawyer who will fight for full accountability and justice. Contact our NYC industrial accident attorneys today for assistance.
When Can You Sue for an Industrial Accident?
Any New York employee who is injured on the job can seek workers’ compensation benefits. Additionally, if your employer does not maintain workers’ compensation insurance as required by law, you can sue.
However, there are times when there may be other parties responsible for your injuries. In these instances, you may be able to sue these third parties.
Some examples of when a third-party claim may be available include:
- You are injured because the building owner failed to provide safe scaffolds, ladders, hook rings, or fall protection, which caused the accident
- You are injured because of a dangerous, defectively manufactured, or negligently labeled piece of machinery or equipment
- You are injured because of improperly maintained machinery that is sent to a third party
- You are injured because of a hazardous condition on the property where you work, which is not under your employer’s control
- You are injured because of a structurally dangerous condition on the premises
- You are injured because of a workplace safety violation
Our NYC workplace accident lawyers have decades of experience representing injured workers against negligent third parties.
What to Do After an Industrial Accident in NYC
NYC Buildings recommends you take the following actions after a workplace accident:
- Call 911 if someone is hurt
- Report the accident to your site-safety professional and your supervisor
- Follow the instructions of any government safety investigators who respond to the accident
You should also contact an experienced New York City workplace accident lawyer for help recovering compensation for the harm you have suffered.
Contact A New York City Workplace Accident Lawyer For a Free Consultation at Rosenbaum & Rosenbaum, P.C.
Rosenbaum & Rosenbaum, P.C. has been helping hard-working New Yorkers like you for more than 40 years. We can help you pursue fair compensation if you were harmed because of the negligence of others. Contact us today for help with your workplace injury claim.