Defective Machinery Accidents in New York City
Have you been injured by defective machinery at work in New York City, New York? Rosenbaum & Rosenbaum, P.C.‘s New York City workplace accident attorneys can assist you. You may be entitled to workers’ compensation payments and/or civil damages, and our team is prepared to help you maximize your claim.
At Rosenbaum & Rosenbaum, P.C., we provide our clients with superior legal representation. You worked diligently for your company, and we will work diligently to ensure that you get compensated for the injuries you received on the job.
Table of Contents
Why Should I Retain a New York City Workplace Accident Lawyer After a Defective Machinery Accident?
If you have been hurt on the job in New York City, NY, you will need the assistance of an experienced and knowledgeable attorney to identify the best course of action based on the nature and cause of your injury.
At Rosenbaum & Rosenbaum, P.C., we understand this is a stressful and challenging time and that you are likely unsure how to proceed. As you deal with your workplace accident and recovery, you should not be concerned about legal issues.
Our New York personal injury law firm will handle your case. We have decades of experience litigating workplace injury lawsuits and do everything we can to help our clients heal completely.
With our understanding of workers’ compensation and personal injury laws, we can put together the kind of evidence that judges find persuasive in matters of this complexity. We will support your case with our knowledge and the full resources of our law firm.
When you retain our legal services, our NYC workplace accident attorneys will:
- Collect essential evidence to support your claim
- Appeal any workers’ compensation denials
- Manage insurance carrier dispute resolution
- Potentially pursue allegations against a third party, such as a negligent property owner or strictly liable manufacturer
- Maintain vigilance so that your claim does not become stalled in the system
- Discuss any potential settlements
- Defend your position in court if required
Put our extensive and varied experience to work for you. We will keep you informed and solicit your input on all significant decisions. Call our law offices in New York City today and allow us to put the wheels in motion so you can receive compensation and get your life back on track.
What Are Common Injuries Suffered in NYC Defective Machinery Accidents?
Various types of workplace accident injuries exist; however, the following are the most common:
- Back injuries
- Neck injuries
- Broken bones
- Eye injuries (impairment or blindness)
- Soft tissue injuries
- Toxic hazard exposure
- Crushing injuries
- Trauma to the brain
- Spinal cord injuries, including paraplegia or quadriplegia
Depending on the circumstances and nature of your case, you may be eligible for workers’ compensation. Our legal team at Rosenbaum & Rosenbaum, P.C. has extensive experience handling workers’ compensation claims.
What Are Workers’ Compensation Benefits?
You may be entitled to benefits under your NY employer’s workers’ compensation insurance coverage if you are injured on the job. Workers’ compensation is a system that helps you recover financially if you are injured at work, regardless of who was at fault.
When you file a claim for workers’ compensation, you may or may not receive enough benefits to cover your expenses. This is when having an NYC personal injury attorney who knows how to appeal workers’ compensation board judgments comes in handy.
Our attorneys are able to handle the following potential obstacles that workers frequently encounter when seeking workers’ compensation:
- Delay or denial of benefits, which can be appealed
- Existing medical condition allegations
- The employer asserts that you do not have coverage: Certain types of employees (such as volunteers) may not be covered, so it is essential that we evaluate your employment contract
- Fraud accusation: Insurance company assertions that you are not actually injured or that you are attempting to commit fraud
- Disputes over the medical specialty involved, the sort of physician to contact, and whether your company has approved the physician
- Symptoms appear too gradually: The gradual onset of symptoms can raise doubts as to whether they are a direct outcome of the damage
- Cleared prematurely: If a physician clears you too quickly and you disagree, you may be entitled to seek a second opinion
The above workers’ compensation challenges might be difficult and intimidating to address on your own. You should not have to endure all of this alone, especially when you are being treated for your injury and attempting to heal.
Rosenbaum & Rosenbaum, P.C. is here to make your life easier. Our New York City defective machinery accident attorneys are adept at navigating the workers’ compensation maze and resolving related concerns. Our objective is to relieve you of this burden and allow you to relax, secure in the knowledge that your case is in capable and conscientious hands.
You Might Be Entitled To Damages in a Third-Party Claim If You Were Injured By Defective Machinery
If your injury was caused by a third party and not your employer, you may be able to sue the third party. If this is the case, you could recover damages in addition to any workers’ compensation award.
Filing a personal injury claim will allow you to seek damages not allowed under the workers’ comp system, including non-economic damages and the full extent of your lost wages.
Examples of a third party’s possible liability include:
- You operate defective equipment and are injured, and the equipment’s manufacturer is strictly liable.
- A general contractor is accountable for ensuring safety on the job site – including maintaining and inspecting machinery – and you were hurt.
- You are responsible for driving or operating heavy equipment, and you are struck by another vehicle.
- An architectural firm supervising the design of a building project could be liable for your injuries if its carelessness caused them.
In the aforementioned instances, the injury is caused by the negligence or strict liability of a third party, not your employer. Our experts will investigate the specifics of your case and assist you in identifying the liable party or parties.
How Long Do I Have To File a Workplace Accident Claim in New York City?
The statute of limitations limits the length of time you have to file a personal injury claim. You must file a claim for a workplace injury within three years after its occurrence. Similarly, you must file a product liability claim against a manufacturer or other party for a defective product within three years of the injury date.
If you’re filing a workers’ compensation claim for benefits, you must notify your employer within 30 days after sustaining an injury to maintain your right to pursue a formal claim. You must file your formal claim within two years.
Building a compelling argument takes time. Hire a New York City workplace accident lawyer as soon as possible following your injuries. We can begin working on your case and prepare it for filing within the applicable timeframe.
Contact Our New York City Workplace Accident Attorneys If You Were Injured By Defective Machinery
The resources and experience of Rosenbaum & Rosenbaum, P.C. will ensure that you receive thorough and superior legal counsel. Our NYC workplace accident lawyers are committed to pursuing compensation for your medical expenses, lost earnings, and other accident-related damages.
Call our law offices in New York City for a free consultation. Our New York City defective machinery accident lawyers will review your case and provide initial legal counsel on the best course of action.