Single Vehicle Accidents in New York
Most people think of a car accident as a crash between two cars. But sometimes, an accident only involves a single car. If you’ve been in a single vehicle accident, our New York single vehicle accident lawyers at Rosenbaum & Rosenbaum, P.C., can help you pursue damages.
Call our New York City, New York, law offices at (212) 514-5007 and schedule your free consultation with our experienced car accident lawyers. We’ll do everything we can to make sure the negligent parties are held responsible.
We offer a contingency fee arrangement, so don’t hesitate because you think you can’t afford a lawyer. You pay nothing until we win your case.
Table of Contents
How Rosenbaum & Rosenbaum, P.C., Can Help You After a Single Vehicle Accident in New York
Single vehicle accidents happen when a driver collides with a tree, a utility pole, a street sign, or another fixed object. Most people assume that the driver is at fault since only one car was involved. But that’s not always the case.
For decades, Rosenbaum & Rosenbaum, P.C., has helped injured victims with all types of accidents. Our New York City car accident attorneys have an excellent reputation for successful car accident litigation. When you hire us, we’ll put our experience and skills to work for you.
When the dust settles after an accident, you have many things to consider. One of the biggest concerns is how you’ll pay for everything and provide for your family if you’re not working due to your injuries. You may have already had calls from bill collectors. That’s where a New York personal injury attorney can help.
The days after an accident are confusing. While trying to figure out how you’ll go forward, people are calling you and making demands or offers. Don’t talk to insurance companies or other parties before speaking with an attorney.
Hiring our New York City single-vehicle accident lawyers means you can focus on recovering from the accident while our experienced team handles the legal side. We will:
- Start with understanding your side of the accident
- Conduct a full investigation
- Put you in touch with medical professionals if needed
- Perform a financial assessment, including consultations with experts to determine the lifetime impact of your accident
- Handle discussions and negotiations with insurance companies
- Manage claim filing and stay abreast of deadlines on paperwork
- Consult with medical and other experts who can testify on your behalf
- Represent you should a trial become necessary
Insurance companies are big businesses. They became big businesses by not paying claims or paying as little as possible to settle. Because we understand how insurance companies work, you have a better chance of a larger settlement when you work with our attorneys.
Contact our New York City, NY, law offices today to schedule your free consultation. You can discuss your case and learn more about potential compensation.
Single Vehicle Accidents Happen More Often Than You Think
The New York metropolitan area sees more than 600 accidents every day. In 2020, New York had 588 single-vehicle crashes that made up 56% of all the crashes in the state. Nationwide, the average is 55%. About 15% of single-vehicle crashes occur at intersections, with the rest on the open road.
How a Single Vehicle Accident Happens
You may think a single-vehicle accident happened because a driver was either distracted or drunk behind the wheel. That’s true in some cases, and driver error may be to blame, but not always. Single vehicle accidents have a variety of possible causes, including:
- Speeding and losing control of the vehicle
- A sudden stop that requires other drivers to swerve to avoid a crash
- Road hazards, such as potholes, cracks, etc.
- Jaywalking pedestrians
- Bicyclist not riding safely
- Other road obstacles, such as fallen debris or stray animals
- Vehicular defects
- Weather conditions
- Flying debris and other objects
An experienced personal injury attorney can help identify the cause of the accident and the responsible party. These parties could include other drivers or even city officials who didn’t maintain safe roads.
Injuries and Compensation
In a car accident, you can suffer serious injuries, such as:
- Bone fractures and breaks
- Head and neck injuries
- Nerve damage
- Internal injuries
- Brain injuries
Without medical care, you can be left permanently disabled and unable to return to work.
Compensation could cover your accident expenses, including:
- Current medical bills, such as ambulance and emergency room charges
- Future medical bills, such as additional surgeries, prescriptions, physical therapy, and rehabilitation costs
- Property damage and loss
- Lost wages, current, and future
- Loss of career and/or future earning capacity
- Wrongful death damages (if you lost a loved one)
- Pain and suffering
When you work with a personal injury attorney, you stand a much better chance of recovering the maximum compensation available.
Contact an Auto Accident Lawyer in NYC at Rosenbaum & Rosenbaum, P.C. to Help You With Your Case
Call Rosenbaum & Rosenbaum, P.C. if you were injured in a single-vehicle accident in New York. Learn more about your rights and whether you may be entitled to compensation. A free consultation with our New York personal injury team can set your mind at ease. Call today to get started.
Other Car Accident Cases We Cover
- Highway Crashes
- Lane change crashes
- Multi-vehicle accidents
- Parking lot accidents
- Passenger negligence
- Rear-end car crashes
- U-turn Accidents
- Uninsured Motorist Claims