Most Dangerous Roads and Intersections in New York City
Vehicle accidents can happen on any road or at any intersection. However, there are some roads and intersections in NYC that are more dangerous than others. Motorists, cyclists, and pedestrians can be injured or killed at the most dangerous roads and intersections in New York City, New York.
The New York City personal injury lawyers of Rosenbaum & Rosenbaum, P.C. have been working with accident victims for over 40 years.
We handle all types of personal injury cases, including motor vehicle accidents. If you or a family member were the victims of a car crash, contact our office to schedule a free consultation with our New York City personal injury lawyers. You are under no obligation to hire a lawyer after your initial consultation.
Table of Contents
How Our New York Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help if You’ve Been Injured in a Car Accident
Motor vehicle accidents cause catastrophic injuries and wrongful deaths. At Rosenbaum & Rosenbaum, P.C., our New York City car accident lawyers fight for maximum compensation for your damages and injuries. We have recovered millions of dollars for injured victims in New York City, NY.
When you hire our legal team, you can expect us to:
- Listen to what happened to you and answer your questions about personal injury claims
- Conduct a comprehensive investigation to determine how you were injured
- Identify the parties liable for your injuries
- Handle all aspects of your personal injury case, including filing insurance claims and lawsuits
- Aggressively negotiate for the maximum value of your injury claim
Call our law firm to schedule a free initial review with a New York City personal injury attorney. You will find that your attorney-client relationship gives you the support and guidance you need as you recover from your injuries.
Overview of Dangerous Roads and Intersections in New York City
New York City traffic can be extremely congested. On some roads, traffic barely moves. However, on other roads, vehicles may travel at high speeds. Both situations can lead to traffic accidents.
Some roads and intersections throughout New York City are more dangerous than others.
Dangerous intersections and roads in NYC include:
- Atlantic Avenue in Brooklyn
- Willoughby Street and Lawrence in Downtown Brooklyn
- 8th Avenue in Midtown Manhattan
- Second Avenue and East 59th Street in Manhattan
- Rivington Street and Clinton Street in the Lower East Side
- Merrick Road in Long Island
- Middle Country Road in Suffolk County
- Kingston Avenue and Sterling Place in Crown Heights
- Hylan Boulevard in Staten Island
- Flatbush Avenue and Tillary Street in Brooklyn
There are many more roads and intersections in New York City that might also be considered dangerous. There are a variety of factors that might make a road or intersection dangerous.
Dangerous intersections and roads can be caused by:
- Lack of traffic signals
- Defectively designed roads
- Failure to maintain roads and intersections
- Lack of pedestrian crossings and bicycle lanes
The above factors undoubtedly contribute to car accidents. However, human errors are the most common reasons for a car crash.
What Are Common Causes of New York Traffic Accidents?
Causes of traffic accidents in New York City include:
- Distractions while driving
- Alcohol impairment
- Drowsy or fatigued driving
- Failing to yield the right of way
- Road rage and aggressive driving
- Tailgating or following too closely
Negligent and reckless drivers can cause horrific traffic accidents that injure innocent victims.
Common Types of Injuries Caused by Motor Vehicle Accidents
Individuals involved in a car accident can sustain minor to catastrophic injuries.
In some cases, the victim may die from injuries caused by a motor vehicle accident.
Common injuries sustained by victims of car accidents that occur at dangerous intersections or roads include:
- Broken bones and fractures
- Damage to internal organs
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Neck injuries such as whiplash
- Back injuries
- Chest injuries
- Paralysis and spinal cord injuries
- Severe burns
- Amputations and loss of limbs
Prompt medical treatment after an automobile accident is an essential step in the personal injury claims process. Delays in medical care could cause you to receive less than your injury claim is worth.
Who is Liable for Damages Caused by NYC Automobile Accidents?
In most cases, the driver who caused the collision is liable for all damages and injuries caused by the crash. However, other parties could share in the liability for a car accident claim.
If a government entity failed to maintain roads and intersections, it could be liable for damages if that failure played a role in the car crash. Likewise, if the city designed a defective intersection that increased the risk of an accident, the city could be partially liable for damages.
Damages caused by a car crash are meant to compensate you for your financial losses and your physical and mental pain and suffering.
These damages might include:
- Loss of income and benefits if you cannot work because of injuries
- The cost of medical care and personal care
- Decreases in earning potential because of permanent disabilities
- Physical pain and suffering
- Scarring and permanent impairments
- Emotional distress and mental anguish
- Loss of quality of life
Our New York City car accident lawyers work with you and your physicians to document your damages. Careful documentation of damages increases the chance you receive full value for your personal injury claim.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our NYC Car Wreck Lawyer
Whether your vehicle accident is at a dangerous intersection or on a quiet neighborhood street, you deserve fair compensation for your injuries.
Call our law firm to schedule a free consultation with one of our accident lawyers in New York City.
Other Car Accident Cases We Cover
- Defective airbags
- Self-driving car accidents
- Red and yellow light accidents
- Hit-and-run accidents
- Rollover accidents