Rollover accidents can cause some of the most serious injuries imaginable. You could be entitled to compensation from the person, organization, or even government authority whose actions caused the accident. With over four decades of experience, Rosenbaum & Rosenbaum, P.C. will fight to get the full and fair compensation you need.
Your first consultation is always free. Our personal injury lawyers will listen to your story, review the facts of your case and explain how we can help protect your legal rights. Call our law firm to schedule a free consultation with an experienced NYC car accident lawyer today.
How a Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help with Your Rollover Accident Claim
After any type of auto accident, your first instinct is to quickly file a claim with your car insurance company. After all, New York is a no-fault insurance state. With rollover accidents, getting compensation can be far more complicated.
Our NYC personal injury lawyers are focused on getting results for our clients. When we work on your case, we will:
- Conduct an independent investigation of your case to make sure we have all of the facts
- Gather and evaluate all available evidence, including eyewitness statements, photos, videos, police and medical reports
- Work with respected accident reconstruction experts to identify the cause of your rollover
- Identify every party who might be financially responsible for the accident
- Work with doctors and other medical experts to place a fair value on your injuries
- Handle all communications with the insurance companies, including negotiating to get the most compensation available for you
It’s unfortunate, but insurance companies sometimes won’t negotiate in good faith until a respected personal injury attorney is in the room. They might offer a settlement that undervalues your claim–meaning that you could run out of money for treatment costs before you have healed.
Our lawyers have a proven track record of success that insurance companies, judges and juries recognize. We have more than 40 years of experience and are always ready to go to trial to protect your rights.
A rollover accident is an extremely traumatic experience in itself. You don’t need the added trauma of financial worries. Call our experienced NYC car accident attorneys at Rosenbaum & Rosenbaum, P.C. to get help today.
Types of NYC Rollover Accidents
Rollover accidents are relatively rare–amounting to only around 2% of vehicle accidents on the road each year. Despite this, rollover accidents are much more likely to be fatal than other types of crashes.
A motor vehicle accident can be classified as a rollover anytime the vehicle’s tires leave the ground. Rollover accidents can happen when a vehicle:
- Flips over onto its roof in a 180-degree rollover
- Flips ovly in a 360-degree rollover crash
- Tips onto its side
Most rollover accidents involve only one vehicle. You may still have the right to compensation even if no other drivers were involved.
Who Can be Held Responsible for a Rollover Crash
In the end, an insurance company is likely to pay damages for your injuries. Locating the person or organization responsible is key to identifying all available insurance coverage. Responsible parties in a rollover crash may include:
- The vehicle designer
- The manufacturer of a defective vehicle part
- A NYC transportation authority that failed to repair a defective or dangerous road condition
- Another driver who caused the accident
- A pedestrian or bicyclist in the road
Discovering who is responsible for a rollover accident usually requires an in-depth investigation. Our personal injury attorneys have the financial resources and legal skills needed to get to the bottom of what happened in your car accident case.
Strict Liability in Design Defect Cases
Most motor vehicle accident cases are based on negligence–meaning that someone else’s carelessness caused the accident. Some personal injury cases may involve strict liability when the vehicle had a design flaw.
In these cases, our lawyers must identify the defect and prove:
- The defect made the vehicle unreasonably dangerous
- The vehicle was being used as designed at the time of the accident
- You did not substantially alter the vehicle since it left the manufacturer
In cases based on dangerous products, the manufacturer or designer can be held strictly liable for your damages.
Common Causes of Rollover Accidents in New York
Identifying the cause of a rollover accident is the first step to finding out who was responsible. Rollover accidents can be caused by:
- Tripping. “Tripping” happens when the vehicle hits an object on the road (like a pothole) or a change in the road service
- Side-impact collisions. Side-impact collisions and “T-bone” crashes can cause the vehicle that is hit to flip over.
- Sharp turns. Dangerous and poorly marked sharp turns sometimes don’t give the driver enough time to slow down. The vehicle can rollover if the driver takes the turn too quickly.
- Design defects. Certain vehicles have a high center of gravity that causes them to rollover more easily. SUVs and light trucks are key examples of vehicles that may have this type of design flaw.
- Sudden movements. If the driver has to jerk the wheel suddenly to avoid something in the roads, that can cause the vehicle to tip over. This is especially true if the vehicle has a design flaw that makes it prone to rollovers.
- Tire grip. Certain tires are designed so that they actually grip the road too strongly and can cause a rollover because of excess force that builds up over time.
If you were hurt in a rollover accident, don’t hesitate to get the advice of an experienced lawyer. Our trial lawyer legal team at Rosenbaum & Rosenbaum, P.C. is always ready to take your call. Schedule your free case review today.
Rollover Accident Victims Often Sustain Serious Injuries
Your injuries could be serious and even life-threatening. At Rosenbaum & Rosenbaum, P.C., our personal injury attorneys have helped countless accident victims recover fair compensation even in the most serious injury cases.
We have experience helping clients who have sustained, for example:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Other head and neck injuries
- Nerve damage
- Soft tissue injuries
- Broken bones
- Burn injuries
- Organ damage
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death
Moving forward after a traumatic rollover accident is usually difficult. Some accident injuries can result in life-long challenges for the accident victim. Our New York City car accident lawyers will do everything we can to get the most available compensation possible while you recover.
Time is Limited to File Your Claim
New York state law limits the amount of time you have to file a personal injury lawsuit. You only have three years from the date of the accident to investigate, identify all responsible parties, value your case, and file a claim.
Insurance companies may impose even more restrictive time limitations. If your claim is against the city, you only have 90 days from the accident to file a notice of your intent to sue with the city.
These time limits aren’t extended even if your injuries are life-threatening. Rosenbaum & Rosenbaum, P.C. is here to help, so call our dedicated New York personal injury attorneys today.
We Fight to Get the Full Damages Award You Deserve
At Rosenbaum & Rosenbaum, P.C., our personal injury lawyers in New York City will stand up to the insurance companies for you. We work tirelessly to get the fair compensation you need after an accident.
Fair damages after a rollover can include money for:
- Medical bills
- Future medical treatment
- Lost wages
- Loss of your earning capacity
- Physical therapy and rehab costs
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Diminished quality of life
- Emotional distress
- Damages for wrongful death
We know that the bills may be piling up while you struggle to recover. You may have even lost a loved one in the crash and need justice. In fatal crashes, you have the right to compensation for the loss of your loved one’s company and support, in addition to funeral and burial costs.
Can Comparative Fault Impact the Amount of Your Compensation Award?
Because most rollovers are single-vehicle crashes, insurance companies are even more likely to try to shift the blame to the driver. They might even try to make it seem like they’re being generous by offering compensation at all.
In reality, New York law allows you to recover compensation even if you were partially to blame for the rollover. Every state is different. New York follows a pure contributory negligence system that allows accident victims to get compensation for their injuries even if they share part of the fault.
The system works like this:
- A percentage of fault for the accident is assigned to every potentially responsible party
- Each party is responsible for their percentage of the compensation award
- Any injured party who shares fault has their compensation award reduced by their percentage of fault
Therefore, if you were found to be 25% to blame and awarded $100,000, you can get $75,000.
Call an Experienced New York City Rollover Accident Lawyer Today to Get Answers
We all know how accidents work. One moment you’re driving and the next, you hear the sound of twisted metal. You deserve to get financial compensation when the trauma of the accident was someone else’s fault.
At Rosenbaum & Rosenbaum, P.C., we have dedicated our practice to protecting NYC accident victims’ rights. Call our personal injury law firm today to speak with an experienced NYC rollover accident lawyer. Your first consultation is completely free–and we work on a contingency basis, so you’re only responsible for attorneys’ fees if we win a verdict or settlement for you.