New York City Juul Vape Pens Lawyer
Have you been injured by a Juul vape pen in New York City, NY? Vaping is often viewed as a safer alternative to smoking, but many injuries and deaths have been linked to the use of vape pens. You may be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, pain and suffering, and other damages in a product liability lawsuit.
Rosenbaum & Rosenbaum, P.C. has more than 40 years of experience representing injury victims and their families in all five boroughs of NYC. Contact our law office for a free consultation with a New York City Juul vape pens lawyer who can help you.
Table of Contents
How Rosenbaum & Rosenbaum, P.C. Can Help After Suffering a Juul Vape Pen Injury in New York City
New York law allows you to hold manufacturers like Juul Labs, Inc. liable when their dangerous products cause you injury or they fail to warn you of risks. However, product liability cases are among the most complicated personal injury cases, and they may require lengthy investigation, expert testimony, and even a class-action lawsuit. The manufacturer and the insurance company will not make it easy to recover the compensation you deserve.
Rosenbaum & Rosenbaum, P.C. maintains a Superb 10.0 AVVO rating, and our attorneys have been recognized among The National Trial Lawyer’s Top 100 Attorneys. Our New York City personal injury lawyers put our reputation and expertise to work on your case.
Choose our law firm to represent you in your New York City, New York Juul vape pen injury case, and we will:
- Investigate your case to gather evidence that supports your claim
- Offer the sound legal advice and insight you need
- Work with experts in many fields for expert testimony that helps link your injuries or illness to vaping
- Accurately value the extent of your damages
- Negotiate on your behalf to seek a fair compensation
- Take your case before a jury to seek maximum damages when you are not made a fair offer
Have you become addicted to nicotine and suffered health effects because you did not realize Juul pens contain nicotine? Have you been diagnosed with lung disease or other issues after using Juul vape pens? Rosenbaum & Rosenbaum, P.C. is here to help you fight for the money you deserve after the serious harm you have sustained. Contact us today for a free consultation to discuss what we can do for you.
Overview of Juul Vape Pen Injuries
Vape pens are a type of e-cigarette that has become extremely popular in the last decade, especially among young people. They are traditionally viewed as a healthier and safer alternative to smoking cigarettes. However, vaping has been linked to many injuries and deaths. Studies also suggest it can have lasting health consequences.
Juul vape pens are the most popular vaping product in New York City. The product has been advertised as a safer alternative to smoking, but the health risks were not disclosed to consumers.
What Are the Risks of Juul Vape Pens?
Juul vape pens and other vaping products have been linked to a number of side effects and health risks:
- Nicotine addiction. The Surgeon General and FDA have named vaping and teen nicotine addiction as a leading public health concern.
- Popcorn lung. This rare lung disease is caused by diacetyl, and it first affected workers in microwave popcorn factories before it was removed from the products. It has also been linked to vaping. Approximately 39 of 51 e-cigarette brand e-juice vaping liquids contained diacetyl, according to a Harvard study.
- Nicotine poisoning. While most vape liquid pods contain 6-30 mg of nicotine, Juul pods contain up to 59 mg – three times the amount allowed in the European Union. Nicotine poisoning can cause serious side effects, including convulsions, seizures, vomiting, brain injury, shallow breathing, pale skin, and weakness. It can even be fatal.
- Physical injury. Some vape pen users have suffered physical injury due to exploding vape pen devices. These injuries have happened while using the product and while it was in a pocket.
Juul vape pen users are often teenagers and young adults. Two out of three current youth users of Juul incorrectly believed the product did not contain nicotine.
How Common Are Juul Vape Pen Injuries and Illnesses?
By early 2020, the CDC reported 2,807 hospitalization cases and deaths linked to e-cigarette and vaping products. There were 68 deaths confirmed in 29 states. This outbreak was linked to products containing vitamin E acetate.
Of these hospitalizations and deaths, 66% were male, with an average age of 24. Up to 200 of the cases were in New York alone.
In 2010, the CDC reported about one case of nicotine poisoning per month. This number skyrocketed to 200 cases per month after the introduction of e-cigarettes.
In 2019, the CDC gave the name EVALI (e-cigarette or vaping product use-associated lung injury) to the lung disease linked to vaping.
What Is My Juul Vape Pen Case Worth?
The value of your product liability case depends on many factors.
A New York City defective product injury attorney will review many factors that may influence the value of your claim, such as:
- What type of injuries or illness did you sustain? How serious and permanent are your injuries?
- Are you able to return to work?
- Did the manufacturer knowingly ignore the dangers of their product?
- How strong is your case?
Depending on the strength of your case, your case may settle out of court or you may receive a judgment at trial. This can also influence the value of the damages you recover.
Contact Rosenbaum & Rosenbaum, P.C. today for a free consultation to discuss what your case may be worth.
What Compensation Can I Recover for My Juul Vape Pen Injury in New York City, New York?
If your Juul vape case is successful, you are entitled to recover a wide range of damages for the harm you have suffered.
This may include:
- Medical bills, including future medical care you will need. You can recover damages for medical bills associated with physical injury, respiratory illness, lung disease, and other health effects.
- Lost income and diminished earning capacity if disabled
- Pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, emotional distress, mental anguish, and other non-economic losses
At Rosenbaum & Rosenbaum, P.C., we will fight for the maximum compensation you deserve when a dangerous product hurts you.
Do I Have to Prove Negligence to Recover Compensation for Juul Vape Pen Injuries in New York?
A Juul vape pen injury case is a type of product liability case.
Under New York product liability law, there are three ways in which a product may be defective:
- Defective design
- Defective manufacturing
- Failure to warn, such as failure to include safety instructions or appropriate warnings about risks
Vape pen injuries have resulted from all three types of defects. New York law allows product liability claims to be brought under three legal theories: negligence, strict product liability, or breach of warranty.
It is unnecessary to show a manufacturer was negligent or knew their product was dangerous or defective. Under strict liability, you may only need to prove that the product was unreasonably dangerous and caused an injury.
The type of claim you bring and the legal theory will determine how your case must be proved. An experienced New York City product liability lawyer can help you understand your case’s strength and how the manufacturer can be held liable.
How Long Do I Have to File a Juul Vape Pen Lawsuit in New York?
You have a limited amount of time to file a product liability lawsuit in New York. The statute of limitations is just three years from the date of your injury. Do not delay pursuing your case. Product liability claims are extremely complex and require a lengthy investigation and sometimes a class action.
Contact Rosenbaum & Rosenbaum, P.C. as soon as possible to protect your claim and begin investigating your case.
Contact a New York City Juul Vape Pens Lawyer for a Free Consultation
If you or someone you love has been injured by a Juul pen or suffered a vaping illness, you deserve fair compensation. Millions of consumers have used vape pens due to false or misleading marketing about the risks. Rosenbaum & Rosenbaum, P.C. will help you fight for the compensation you deserve for the harm you have suffered.
Contact our law firm today for a free consultation with a New York City Juul vape pens lawyer who can help you.