Roofing Accidents in New York City
Roofing accidents in New York City, NY, are common and cause many occupational injuries. Roofers face many risks that can result in severe injuries and life-threatening conditions. A roofing accident can occur on a construction site, private property, commercial building, or any other setting where people work on roofs.
The New York City construction accident lawyers of Rosenbaum & Rosenbaum, P.C. have extensive experience handling claims related to workplace injuries and accidents. Our award-winning lawyers have over 40 years of legal experience handling personal injury cases. We have the skills and resources necessary to investigate injuries and pursue claims to recover compensation for damages.
Table of Contents
Ways Our New York City Personal Injury Lawyers Help You With a Roofing Accident Claim
Insurance companies, general contractors, property owners, and other responsible parties may deny liability for a roofing accident. Instead, they might blame the roofer or conditions beyond their control for the cause of the accident. For that reason, you need experienced injury lawyers working on your behalf to uncover the truth about how your roofing injury occurred.
Our law firm has recovered tens of millions of dollars in settlements and jury awards for our clients. Our attorneys have been named to the list of The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Attorneys and America’s Top 100 Attorneys.
When you hire Rosenbaum & Rosenbaum, P.C. to handle your claim, you can expect us to:
- Conduct a thorough investigation to identify the factors that led to your roofing accident
- Identify each party responsible for your injuries and damages
- Filing insurance claims and handle all communications and settlement negotiations with the insurance company
- Work with your doctors, medical experts, and financial professionals to determine the extent of your injuries and damages
- Provide sound legal advice and guidance throughout your case
- Document your damages to calculate the correct value of your injury claim
- Negotiate for settlement amounts that compensate you fully for all damages
- File a lawsuit and argue the case in court when the at-fault parties refuse to agree to a fair settlement amount
Call our office to schedule your free case evaluation with one of our New York City construction accident attorneys. Let us fight to get you the money you deserve after a roofing accident in New York City, New York.
Roofing Accidents Occur for Many Reasons
Working on a roof is dangerous. Roofers had the third highest fatal work injury rates in 2019 and 2020, based on data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics. According to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, falls from roofs accounted for roughly one-third of the construction industry deaths.
Roofing accidents occur for many reasons, including:
- Fall accidents because of a lack of fall protection measures, including personal fall protection systems, harnesses, and guard rails
- Exposure to elements, including rain, snow, wind, and ice
- Coming into contact with power lines and other sources of electricity
- Falling debris and roofing materials falling to the ground
- Using defective tools and machinery, including cutters, drills, nail guns, and saws
- Lack of training to use roofing equipment correctly
- Lifting heavy objects, including tiles, shingles, and other roofing materials
- Repetitive motion injuries
- Knee injuries from crawling and kneeling on roofs
Common Roofing Accident Injuries in New York City
Roofers sustain a variety of injuries, including:
- Broken bones
- Puncture wounds
- Internal organ damage
- Frostbite, heat stroke, and other weather-related injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Paralysis and spinal cord injuries
- Shoulder, knee, and other joint injuries
- Repetitive stress injuries
Workers’ compensation covers most roofing accidents. However, the roofer may also have a third-party claim against other parties.
Determining Liability for Roofing Accidents
Negligence and other conduct by parties could contribute to the cause of a roofing accident. If so, the roofer could be entitled to additional compensation not available under workers’ compensation. The best way to know if your roofing accident falls into this category is to discuss a third-party claim with our New York roofing accident lawyers.
You could be entitled to full compensation for economic damages, such as:
- All lost wages and benefits
- A decrease in your future earning capacity
- Compensation for future nursing and personal care
- Ongoing medical care and treatment
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Physical pain and discomfort
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Mental anguish
- Impairments and disabilities
- Decrease in quality of life
- Emotional distress
Workers’ compensation is a no-fault system. Therefore, you do not need to prove negligence to receive benefits.
However, you must prove that the other party’s negligent or intentional acts caused your roofing injury to recover compensation for a third-party claim. Our legal team investigates your case to determine if there is evidence that another party could be liable for damages caused by the roofing accident.
Schedule a Free Consultation With A Construction Accident Lawyer in New York City at Rosenbaum & Rosenbaum, P.C.
You could be entitled to compensation beyond workers’ compensation benefits for a roofing accident. Contact us to schedule a free consultation to discuss your case with an experienced New York City roofing accident lawyer.