Discovering that a loved one has suffered a traumatic brain injury is a difficult thing to come to terms with. There is a good chance that they will require help and support. The injury could even result in significant changes to his or her lifestyle. In a previous article we discussed the various types of brain injury and some of the potential causes. But what can you do if someone close to you is affected by an injury of this kind?

You may need to arrange medical care or even long-term support if he or she has developed a permanent disability. You may also need to make provision for the possibility that you may not always be around, such as arranging guardianship. If anything happens to you, it is important to be sure that your loved one will still be cared for. This alone can be difficult to get your head around. Furthermore, the cost of treatment and care for a brain injury can run up significant medical bills.

You may want to pursue an insurance claim, or if someone else was responsible for the injury, you could consider seeking compensation. Other options available to you include setting up a trust, conservatorship or annuity in order to better ensure that your loved one receives the care and financial support that he or she needs.

Whatever you decide to do, having the right guidance can be extremely beneficial. Please visit our page on brain injuries if you would like to know more about the options available to you at this difficult time.

Contact Our Personal Injury Law Firm in New York City

If you’ve been injured in an accident in Manhattan, NY, and need legal help, contact our New York City personal injury lawyers at Rosenbaum & Rosenbaum, P.C. to schedule a free consultation.

Rosenbaum & Rosenbaum, P.C.
100 Wall St 15th Floor
New York, NY 10005
(212) 514-5007