Crane Accidents in Queens, NY
Cranes are essential pieces of construction equipment. They lift heavy objects and materials to make it easier for workers to perform their jobs. However, negligent crane operations and defective cranes can cause worker deaths and injuries.
The Queens crane accident lawyers at Rosenbaum & Rosenbaum, P.C. have over 40 years of legal experience. We are named as part of The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers, America’s Top 100 Attorneys, and a member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum. We know how to fight for our clients and win after construction accidents.
Contact our law firm to schedule a free consultation with one of our experienced Queens personal injury attorneys at (212) 514-5007. We understand the devastation a crane accident can cause, and we’re here to help you as you try to get your life back together.
Our Queens Personal Injury Lawyers Will Help You Recover the Compensation You Deserve After a Crane Accident
Crane accidents can cause wrongful deaths and catastrophic injuries. At Rosenbaum & Rosenbaum, P.C., we are here to help you navigate the claims process to recover compensation for your injuries.
When you hire our award-winning Queens construction accident lawyers, you can expect us to:
- Investigate the cause of the crane accident and gather evidence to prove your claim
- Monitor any investigations by state or federal agencies
- Consult experts regarding crane operation and factors that led to the crane accident
- Fight against allegations that you are partially to blame for the crane accident (comparative fault)
- Argue that you mitigated damages and took all reasonable steps to avoid incurring avoidable or unnecessary damages
- Calculate and document your damages to maximize recovery
- File insurance claims and negotiate settlements with insurance companies
If you were injured in a crane accident in New York City, give our law office a call to schedule your free case evaluation with one of our crane accident lawyers in Queens.
Common Causes of Crane Accidents in Queens, NY
Many of the crane accidents that happen are preventable. Careless human errors and negligence cause most crane accidents on construction sites.
Common factors that lead to crane accidents include:
- Failing to anchor the crane correctly
- Overloading the crane
- Improperly securing the load
- Lack of communication between the crane operator and other workers
- Inadequate training for crane operations
- Lack of safety measures or failure to enforce safety regulations and rules
- Failing to inspect the crane before each use, including the cables, pulleys, and boom stops
- Designs or manufacturing defects
- Lack of supervision
- Lack of proper maintenance and routine inspections
Crane accidents can include crane collapses, unexpected dropping of loads, and contact with power lines and electrical cables. There may also be hoist failures and crane tip-overs.
A crane is a complex piece of machinery that requires routine maintenance. Operations and owners who fail to follow safety regulations increase the risk of crane accidents.
Injuries and Damages Caused by Crane Accidents
Crane accidents cause catastrophic and life-threatening injuries such as:
- Crushing injuries
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis
- Loss of limbs and amputations
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Fractures and broken bones
- Damage to internal organs
- Electrical injuries and electrocutions
- Neck and back injuries
- Wrongful death
The damages caused by crane accidents are significant. The financial losses can be substantial.
Economic damages a victim may sustain include:
- Past and future medical bills and expenses
- The cost of long-term nursing care and in-home care
- Out-of-pocket expenses and costs
- Loss of income and benefits
- Vocational, physical, and occupational therapies
- Diminished earning capacity
Monetary losses are not the only damages crane accidents cause. An injured victim can sustain intense pain and suffering from physical injuries and emotional distress, and other non-economic damages. They may also experience a decrease in their quality of life because of permanent disabilities and impairments.
Additionally, our Queens construction accident attorneys will carefully analyze the facts of your case to determine if punitive damages are justified. If so, we’ll include a demand for punitive damages to increase the amount of money you receive for a crane accident claim.
Who Is Liable For the Damages Caused by a Crane Accident in Queens, NY?
One or more parties can share liability for a crane accident. Our legal team will follow the evidence to identify the party or parties responsible for the factors that led to the crane accident.
Potentially liable parties include:
- Crane Manufacturers – A manufacturer, designer, or seller could be held liable if a defect caused the crane to malfunction leading to the accident and injury.
- Property Owners – A property owner has a duty to provide safe working conditions.
- Crane Owners – The crane owner is responsible for inspecting, maintaining, and repairing the crane.
- General Contractors – Contractors have a duty to maintain the equipment on a construction site under New York Labor Law §200. A subcontractor could also be responsible for the safe operation of a crane.
There could be other parties who might be responsible for a crane accident. Once we identify the liable parties, we’ll work to build a solid case for fault and liability. We might hire accident reconstructionists, engineers, and construction specialists to assist in sorting out fault and assigning liability for damages.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Queens Crane Accident Attorneys
The time to file an accident claim is limited by New York’s statute of limitations. Don’t let time run out to file an injury claim. Call Rosenbaum & Rosenbaum, P.C. now to schedule a free consultation with one of our experienced Queens crane accident lawyers.