We won’t simply accept the at-fault party’s initial settlement offer if it underestimates the expenses you will likely incur. Our lawyers have access to medical experts, vocational specialists and other professionals available to help us identify the short- and long-term expenses related to your injuries such as surgery, physical therapy and hospital bills.
We can also consult life-care planning experts to evaluate the costs of necessary accommodations. For example, your injuries may require you to have an in-home nurse and a wheelchair or possibly make your home handicap-accessible. These are expenses that a life-care planning expert can help us anticipate when negotiating for the compensation you need. We also work with vocational experts to help us understand if your injures will prevent you from working. We will evaluate every angle possible when negotiating for the compensation you need today and long term.
Our lawyers at Rosenbaum & Rosenbaum, P.C., have been answering questions for the injured, including those involving medical malpractice and motor vehicle accidents, throughout New York City for years. We know what steps to take to get results, and we strive to see that justice is achieved.
Common Questions People Have About Personal Injury
- What are the best steps to take immediately after an accident? Immediately following an accident, it is important to contact the police and receive any necessary medical attention. It is also helpful to take pictures of the accident scene and obtain the contact information of all parties involved and possible witnesses. Contacting a lawyer as soon as possible will help preserve evidence and strengthen your claims as well.
- What are my rights after being injured? If you have been injured due to another’s intentional acts or negligent behavior, you are entitled to pursue a personal injury claim against that party. This means that if you prove your case, you can receive financial compensation from all parties who were at fault in your injury.
- What is my case worth? Every case is unique, and it is impossible to determine an exact amount without investigating your claims. At Rosenbaum & Rosenbaum, P.C., you can use our free initial consultation to learn more about what your case might be valued at.
- How much is an injury case going to cost me? It depends. At our firm, we offer a free initial consultation to walk you through the strength of your claim and what you may be entitled to receive. We conduct business on a contingency fee basis, meaning our lawyers make money only if we win the case for you.
- What types of compensation are available after I am hurt? If you are hurt through someone else’s negligence, you are entitled to compensation to pay for medical bills, lost wages and recovery for all damages you have incurred.
- How can I help in my personal injury lawsuit? The most helpful things you can do are to take pictures immediately after the accident, file a police report and obtain the names and contact information of all witnesses at the scene. Your lawyer can explain what other steps must be taken depending on your situation.
- How long do I have to file my claims? In New York, you normally have three years after your accident to file. There are statutes of limitations for different claims, however, making it imperative to consult a lawyer quickly to make sure your time does not run out.
- What must be proven in a personal injury claim? You must prove the other party acted negligently and caused you an injury. You must show the opposing side had a duty to not injure you, that duty was breached and it caused your injury, and you incurred damages.
- Should I provide a statement to the insurance company? Not without speaking to a lawyer first. Insurance companies will often attempt to offer you lowball settlement agreements and get you to admit things that will hurt you down the road. Speaking to a lawyer first will help maximize the compensation you are entitled to.
- How can a lawyer help? An experienced attorney can guide you through the legal maze of filing a lawsuit and dealing with the court system. At our law firm, we also assist you with negotiations and handle all communications with the insurance companies so you don’t have to. From beginning to end, we stand by your side and take the legal burden off your shoulders.
More Questions? Get Answers.
Get the answers you need by calling our New York law office at 646-835-2175. We are fully prepared to represent you through any injury you have suffered.