Staten Island Uber Accident Lawyer
If you are involved in an Uber accident in Staten Island, you may want to work with legal representation. An experienced Staten Island Uber accident lawyer will be able to help you understand your rights and what kinds of compensation may be available. Contact Rosenbaum & Rosenbaum P.C. right away for a free consultation regarding your case.
Table of Contents
How Our Staten Island Personal Injury Attorneys Can Help After an Uber Accident
Rideshare services are an incredibly popular way to get around. Especially in big cities like New York, using a rideshare is often more convenient than any other mode of transportation. Uber is one of the biggest companies in the rideshare space and millions of people have used their service in recent years.
When everything goes right, traveling with an Uber driver is an enjoyable, affordable experience. Unfortunately, things don’t always go right. Uber drivers can be involved in accidents like any other driver on the road. Fortunately, you may be entitled to compensation from the Uber driver, an insurance company, or a negligent third party.
However, you don’t want to get into a potentially difficult legal battle all on your own. If you have been hurt in an Uber accident on Staten Island and you would like to pursue damages, contact Rosenbaum & Rosenbaum, P.C., to get help right away.
It’s a mistake to think that you can trust the insurance companies to settle this case fairly. They will simply be looking out for their own bottom line – it’s as simple as that. They are going to work hard to close the case for as little as possible, and the end result may not be fair to you.
If you choose to work with our Staten Island personal injury lawyers, we’ll offer the following and more:
- A full and accurate accounting of your injuries
- A proper investigation of the circumstances surrounding the accident
- Handling of all necessary paperwork
- Deal with insurance companies to ensure you are being treated fairly
- Argue your case in court, if necessary
The Staten Island car accident lawyers at Rosenbaum & Rosenbaum, P.C., fight hard for our clients at every turn. You deserve to get compensated justly based on the facts of your case. We’ll make sure those facts are brought to light and your side of the case is heard.
Causes of Staten Island Uber Accidents
Car accidents on Staten Island that involve Ubers can occur for many different reasons. In almost all cases, one party will be at fault for the crash and could be held liable for the damages that resulted from the event.
There is almost no limit to the variety of things that can lead to an auto accident, but some of the common causes include the following:
- Driving too fast. Speeding is a common issue and may be a problem with Uber and Lyft drivers when they are hurrying to get as many fares as possible on a busy night.
- Ignoring weather conditions. Nasty weather can move into Staten Island from time to time, and drivers need to adjust to those conditions to drive safely.
- DUI. If a driver is under the influence while operating their vehicle, the chances of a motor vehicle accident go up dramatically.
- Driving while tired. In the case of an Uber driver who is trying to stay out all night to make more money, it’s possible that fatigue will lead to an accident.
- Not paying attention. With a cell phone close at hand, it’s easier than ever before to get distracted behind the wheel.
These are, of course, just a few of the many possible causes of an Uber accident in Staten Island. Whether you believe it’s one of these issues that caused the rideshare accident you were involved in, or something else entirely, reach out to the car accident attorneys at Rosenbaum & Rosenbaum, P.C., to discuss your case.
Don’t Underestimate Auto Accident Injuries
In the immediate aftermath of an Uber auto accident, you may feel like your injuries are not too bad. Other than being a little sore, it may seem that you are pretty much okay. Many people feel this way after an accident and assume they will get back to normal shortly.
That’s not always the way it goes. In some cases, those seemingly minor injuries get worse over time. Eventually, they may require significant medical attention, demanding time-consuming, expensive treatments to correct.
Don’t leave yourself on the hook for those treatments by failing to seek the compensation you deserve. If another party was at fault in this accident, stand up for your rights and make sure they are held accountable.
Some of the many types of injuries that can occur in an auto accident include those listed below:
- Whiplash. This is a classic car accident injury that can get worse over time. Be sure to have your injuries checked out by a doctor if you suspect whiplash damage.
- Broken arm or leg. Most broken bones heal properly after a period of immobilization, but that’s not always the case.
- Head injuries. If you suffer a concussion or traumatic brain injury during the accident, the lingering damage from that trauma could have an impact on your life for years.
- Soft tissue damage. These injuries are also easy to overlook. Some sprains and strains just won’t heal quite as easily as you expect.
- Wrongful death. Sometimes people suffer injuries that are ultimately fatal.
Always seek medical attention after an auto accident, even if you feel your injuries are minor. It’s hard to properly assess the damage in the moment, so let a healthcare professional do their job.
You only have so long to act to file a personal injury claim after an Uber auto accident. It’s a mistake to wait around only to find out later that your injuries are more serious than you once believed. If the other party is at fault, work with representation like Rosenbaum & Rosenbaum, P.C., to hold them responsible for the impact they’ve had on your life.
Types of Staten Island Uber Accidents
There are many different types of auto accidents. With so many cars going so many different directions on the roads of Staten Island, the possibilities are endless. And, it’s not only cars that need to be considered – there are plenty of pedestrians and bike riders, as well.
No matter what type of auto accident took place, there is still a responsible party to identify. If you’ve been involved in a recent accident, it may fit into one of these categories –
- Read end collision. These are the most common accidents involving two vehicles and can often lead to whiplash injuries.
- T-bone crashes. When one driver runs a red light, it can lead to a side impact crash and serious – even life-threatening – injuries.
- Pedestrian accidents. The severity of a crash involving a pedestrian is obvious given the size difference between the individual and the vehicle.
- Bicycle accidents. This is similar to an accident involving a pedestrian – the person outside the vehicle is very likely to suffer serious injuries.
- Single-car crashes. It’s possible to be in an Uber accident where no other parties are involved. The driver may simply lose control and crash into a stationary object like a light post, fence, or building.
The Uber accident you were involved in doesn’t have to be a standard car-on-car crash to warrant legal action. If you believe an Uber driver was at fault for a crash where you or a loved one was hurt, it’s worth your time to speak with Rosenbaum & Rosenbaum P.C. about a possible case.
Circumstances of Uber Accidents in Staten Island
An Uber driver is not always traveling with an active fare when on the roads of Staten Island. Generally speaking, there are three different ‘statuses’ that an Uber driver can have while driving:
- Accepted request or carrying a passenger. This is when the driver is actively working as an Uber driver, either heading toward picking up a fare or already traveling with a fare in the vehicle.
- Logged in but not on a fare. If the driver has not currently accepted a fare and does not have a passenger, but they are logged into the system and available for a ride.
- Logged out. This is a vehicle that sometimes operates as an Uber but is not currently logged into the system and is not looking for fares.
The status of the Uber driver at the time of the accident is going to have a lot to do with the potential liability of various parties. For instance, if the Uber driver is logged out and not working, you will probably not be able to pursue Uber for any damages. You still can work toward receiving compensation through the driver’s insurance or the driver themselves.
Not sure how the details of your case will impact your ability to receive damages? The best place to start is with a call to Rosenbaum & Rosenbaum. P.C., Let’s get started today.
Contact a Staten Island Uber Accident Lawyer Today
Your case is only going to get harder to argue as time continues to pass. Over time, evidence goes missing, witnesses become hard to find, and your memory of the event will fade. It’s essential to get started on your Uber accident case with Rosenbaum & Rosenbaum P.C. right away.
Don’t worry if you aren’t sure about the viability of the case – our law firm will help you decide whether or not it’s worthwhile to pursue. Thanks to our free consultation, you have nothing to lose but a few moments of your time. Call today and let us help you fight to recover compensation in this important matter.