Queens Product Liability Lawyer
Has a defective or dangerous product caused your injury in Queens, NY? New York product liability laws allow you to hold manufacturers accountable when they profit from a product that is unreasonably dangerous. You may be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, pain and suffering, lost earnings, and more.
For over 40 years, Rosenbaum & Rosenbaum, P.C. has represented victims hurt by product defects.
Contact our law firm for a free consultation with a Queens product liability lawyer to discuss how we can help you.
Table of Contents
How Rosenbaum & Rosenbaum, P.C. Can Help in a Product Liability Case in Queens, NY
When a defective product hurts you or your child, you may be unsure where to turn. Product liability is a complex area of law, and manufacturers and insurers are well-equipped to fight claims.
After all, when you bring a defective product claim against a manufacturer, your case may give rise to many others. You deserve an experienced Queens personal injury lawyer who can help you hold the manufacturer accountable and fight for fair compensation.
Rosenbaum & Rosenbaum, P.C. has been named among America’s Top 100 Attorneys and has been admitted to the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum. Our firm has recovered multi-million-dollar awards and maintains a 10.0 Superb AVVO rating.
Choose Rosenbaum & Rosenbuam, P.C. to represent you, and we will use four decades of experience to:
- Provide sound legal advice so you can make informed decisions about your case
- Handle all administrative details involved with your claim
- Conduct an investigation to determine the type of defect
- Investigate whether other people suffered similar harm from the product
- Work with experts to build a strong case built on negligence, strict liability, and/or breach of warranty
- Negotiate with the insurance company
- Present your case to a jury if the insurance company will not make a fair settlement
You deserve to be compensated for the harm you have suffered from a defective product. Call our law firm in Queens, New York today for a free case review with a New York product liability lawyer ready to help.
How Common Are Dangerous Product Injuries in Queens?
Injuries caused by defective and unsafe products are shockingly common. Manufacturers and retailers are required to report serious product defects, compliance failures, certain lawsuits, and other incidents to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC). The CPSC has found there are over 29 million injuries and over 21,000 deaths caused by dangerous products.
Defective vehicle parts and vehicles are one of the most dangerous types of product defects. In 2018 alone, there were over 1,000 recalls that affected 35 million people.
In just a one-year time span, defective household appliances and furniture caused 3.5 million injuries. Between 2008 and 2010, over 22,000 children were injured by appliances and furniture tipping over.
Children’s goods, including cribs, playpens, and sleepers, are subject to hundreds of recalls every year. In 2017, about 100,000 children were hurt, and 70 were killed by nursery equipment and toys.
Defective drugs and medical devices are also common. A study published in the Journal of the American Medical Association found one-third of all FDA-approved prescription drugs enter the market with unidentified side effects.
Overview of Product Liability in New York
New York law requires companies that manufacture or sell products to ensure they are reasonably safe. They also have a duty to provide adequate warning and instruction on how to use a product safely.
Under state law, a manufacturer or retailer can be held liable when a product is dangerous or defective and causes injury.
What Makes a Product Dangerous?
Product liability claims may be brought under several legal theories:
- Strict product liability under
- Breach of warranty under
These legal theories often overlap in a case involving a dangerous product.
Product liability cases can also come in many forms. You may have a defective or dangerous product claim involving the following.
- Design defect. This means there is a defect or flaw in the way the product was designed, and it affects all products in the line. Companies may be held responsible for failing to use a safer and feasible alternative design.
- Manufacturing defect. This means there was a defect in the way the product was made. The design is sound, but it may not have been made according to the original design. This can include a contaminated batch of prescription medication or a cracked component that makes a product dangerous.
- Failure to warn. In this case, the product itself is not defective, but the way it was marketed is defective. Companies have a duty to warn consumers of known risks associated with its use.
These forms of product liability can affect all types of products used by consumers, from vehicles and medical devices to toys, appliances, and tools.
We Handle All Types of Product Liability Cases
Rosenbaum & Rosenbaum, P.C. represents clients in all types of claims involving dangerous or defective products.
This includes defective products, such as:
- Car seats
- Airbags and other safety equipment
- Dangerous drugs
- Medical devices
- Household appliances
- Construction equipment and machinery
- Vehicle components
- Power tools
If you have been injured by a dangerous product, an experienced product liability attorney in Queens is here to help you. Call us today to discuss your case and how we can help.
What Is My Product Liability Case Worth?
The value of your case is based on many factors, including:
- The type of product and defect
- The type and severity of injuries you suffered
- Whether your injury caused impairment, disability, or disfigurement
- The level of pain, emotional distress, and anguish you suffered
- Whether you will have long-term damages like life-long medical expenses or lost earning capacity
We will carefully review the factors in your case and help you understand what your claim may be worth during a free consultation.
What Kind of Compensation Can I Recover for My Dangerous Product Injury in New York?
You may be entitled to both economic damages and non-economic damages in a product liability case. In cases involving serious injury, non-economic losses may account for most of the value of your claim.
When a dangerous product injures you, you may be entitled to compensation for:
- Property damage
- Medical expenses, including the anticipated cost of future or life-long medical care.
- Lost wages
- Lost earning capacity if disabled or impaired
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Emotional distress
- Wrongful death damages if a loved one was killed by a defective product
Rosenbaum & Rosenbaum, P.C. will help you fight for everything you deserve.
We’ll Fight for Compensation for All the Dangerous Product Injuries You Suffered
Dangerous products, including medical devices and toys, can cause serious injuries and even death.
Rosenbaum & Rosenbaum, P.C. will help you seek maximum compensation for injuries, such as:
- Eye injuries
- Facial injuries
- Neck and back injuries
- Brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Organ damage
- Illness or the worsening of a medical condition
We will help you hold the manufacturer accountable. Call Rosenbaum & Rosenbaum, P.C. today for a free consultation to discuss how we can help you bring a product liability claim.
How Do I Prove Liability in a Product Liability Claim in Queens, NY?
Product liability claims do not necessarily require proof of negligence. Your claim may be brought under negligence, strict product liability, or a breach of warranty. In a case involving negligence, you must prove the manufacturer or retailer was in some way careless or negligent, which compromised the safety of the product and led to your injury.
If your claim is based on strict liability, you are not required to prove fault. Instead, you must only show that the product had a defect that caused your injuries.
Breach of warranty claims require showing that the manufacturer guaranteed something that it did not provide. A common example is a toy advertised as safe for toddlers (through an implied warranty) that poses a choking hazard to small children.
Many product liability cases in New York are brought under strict liability laws.
You must prove that:
- The product was unreasonably dangerous or unsafe when it was sold, made, or designed,
- The seller intended and expected the item would reach consumers without changes, and
- You were injured by the product.
Note that New York does not hold manufacturers automatically liable for all injuries associated with their products. A manufacturer can defend themselves by claiming you used the product in a way it was not intended to be used. They may also argue your carelessness contributed to your injuries or outside parties interacted with the product.
Rosenbaum & Rosenbaum, P.C. has decades of experience holding manufacturers accountable for dangerous products. We will carefully investigate your case to gather evidence to support strict liability or negligence.
We will determine if others have been harmed by similar defects, how a design could have been reasonably changed to make it safer, or how the product differs from others on the market.
How Long Do I Have to File a Product Liability Lawsuit in New York?
The New York statute of limitations for product liability claims is three years. This deadline begins on the date of your injury or when the injury was discovered. If your claim is not filed before the three years expires, you will be barred from recovering any compensation for your injuries.
It’s crucial to consult with a Queens product liability attorney as soon as possible to protect your claim. If you delay, valuable evidence may be lost, and it can be challenging to prove how a defective product caused your injuries.
Contact a Queens Product Liability Lawyer for a Free Consultation
Have you been injured by a dangerous product in Queens? Rosenbaum & Rosenbaum, P.C. will help you hold the manufacturer accountable for allowing a defective product on the market.
We have been successful in claims against manufacturers of all types of consumer goods and products. We will put this experience to work for you.
Call our law office today for a free consultation with a Queens product liability lawyer who can help you.