Bronx Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Have you been involved in a motorcycle accident or scooter accident in the Bronx? You may be entitled to financial compensation for your injuries if the accident was the result of another person’s negligent or reckless actions.
At Rosenbaum & Rosenbaum, P.C., our Bronx motorcycle accident lawyers have been representing crash victims in New York City for more than 40 years.
We are dedicated to helping our clients maximize their financial recovery and obtain the full and fair compensation they are entitled to.
If you or a loved one have been involved in a recent motorcycle accident, we are here to offer our knowledge, resources, and support.
Our team is available 24/7 to schedule a phone or video conference with an attorney. Do not hesitate to reach out and schedule your free case evaluation.
Table of Contents
How Rosenbaum & Rosenbaum, P.C. Help After a Bronx Motorcycle Accident in the Bronx
In a few short seconds, a motorcycle accident can change your life forever. Motorcycle accidents can leave you with extreme physical pain, permanent disability, and may haunt you emotionally and mentally. Finally, medical bills and being unable to work as a result of motorcycle accidents can hurt an entire family.
The good news is that you may have the right to recover compensation. However, recovering compensation is not simple or easy, and how much you recover will depend on many factors.
One of the biggest determiners of how much compensation you can recover is the Bronx personal injury attorney you hire to handle your case. At Rosenbaum & Rosenbaum, P.C., our verdicts and settlements (case results) are a testament to the successes we’ve reached for our clients.
If you hire our law firm to represent you, we will help in the following ways:
- We will guide you through the claims process: After an accident, most people start with an insurance claim. When you have an attorney representing you, the adjuster will not be successful in using tactics to minimize your claim’s value, like having you speculate on fault, or provide a recorded statement.
- We will make sure your case is properly valued: Without knowing the severity of your motorcycle accident injuries, it is impossible to value a case. We will carefully and thoroughly investigate the accident, and also make sure you see specialists who can determine how your injuries will affect you going forward
- We will pursue compensation from all potentially responsible parties: We will demand compensation from anyone who contributed to your injuries or loved one’s death. If a fair settlement is not offered, our trial attorneys will aggressively pursue compensation through the court system.
While no amount of money can undo the pain of an accident or bring back a loved one lost, the compensation you recover can make a significant impact on your quality of life. Before you accept any amount of compensation for your injuries or a loved one’s death, speak to an experienced and knowledgeable attorney.
To see how we can help you get the compensation you deserve, contact us today.
What Types of Compensation Are Available to Motorcycle Accident Victims in NY?
A motorcycle accident can impact individuals and families physically, mentally, emotionally, and financially. Long after injuries have healed, victims may be struggling due to medical bills or being unable to work.
One of the biggest mistakes people make following an accident is accepting an insurance settlement before they fully understand the lifelong impact of their injuries. Insurance companies know that people are financially strained and will offer a payout that may cover some immediate expenses, but will not meet your long-term needs.
When an accident is caused by someone else (either fully or partly) in the Bronx, New York, you may be eligible to recover compensation.
Some of the types of compensation available may include:
- Medical care expenses (ambulance transportation, emergency treatment, hospitalization, doctor visits)
- Lost wages
- Temporary or permanent disability
- Rehabilitative or nursing care
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Pain and suffering.
At Rosenbaum & Rosenbaum, P.C., our experienced Bronx car and truck accident attorneys aggressively advocate to get our clients the maximum compensation they are entitled to. We know all of the tactics and strategies insurance companies and defense counsels use to push around clients and attempt to devalue legitimate claims.
Our personal injury lawyers in the Bronx will not settle for less than you deserve, and we will not hesitate to bring any case to trial.
Where Do Motorcycle Accidents Occur in the Bronx?
While motorcycles only account for about 2% of registered vehicles in New York City, motorcyclists account for about 14% of traffic fatalities.
The New York City Department of Transportation (“DOT”) said in a recent Motorcycle Safety Study that “motorcyclists in New York City are at disproportionate risk of death.”
Unlike motor vehicle and pedestrian accidents, very few “hotspots” are revealed, with the majority of fatality crashes occurring on city streets.
Some locations of injury and fatal motorcycle accidents in the Bronx over the years have included:
- Bruckner Expressway (crash on April 29, 2017)
- Laconia Avenue and 215th Street (crash on August 19, 2018)
- East Tremont Avenue at Waterbury Avenue in Schuylerville (crash on September 16, 2019)
- Bruckner Blvd. in Throgs Neck (crash on September 22, 2019)
- Bruckner Boulevard in Soundview (crash on May 20, 2020)
- Silver Street and East Tremont Avenue (crash on August 29, 2020)
- Henry Hudson Parkway (crash on September 6, 2020)
- Rosedale Avenue and Bruckner Boulevard in Soundview (crash on November 7, 2020).
Of the five boroughs, the Bronx has the highest rate of motorcycle fatalities per registration. Dozens of people are killed each year in the Bronx, and hundreds are seriously injured. Crashes are most common during the warmer months of the year (42% of all motorcycle injury/fatality crashes occur during June, July, and August).
What Causes Motorcycle Accidents?
Car accidents that involve motorcycles have numerous causes and contributing factors – many of which are due to negligence or recklessness.
Some common causes of Bronx motorcycle accidents include;
- Unsafe lane changes
- Car doors opening
- Drivers or motorcycle operators under the influence.
- Distracted drivers
- Speeding / operating too fast for conditions
- Splitting lanes
- Failing to signal
- Sudden stops
- Inexperienced motorcycle operators
- Left-turn accidents.
Motorcyclists are subject to many of the same dangers on the road as passenger vehicles, but also additional concerns. Potholes and debris in the road that would not affect a passenger vehicle can be deadly for a motorcyclist.
What About Revel Scooter Accidents?
In 2020, Revel scooters (electric moped scooters that are shared among motorcycle riders and booked through an app) arrived in the Bronx, after being available in Brooklyn and Queens since 2018. In the summer of 2020, three fatal collisions were reported in NYC over a 10 day period.
Over the last several years, more than 1,000 electric scooters have been released in NYC, operated by people with limited to zero experience operating an electric scooter. Although not technically motorcycles, e-Scooters are available with a valid driver’s license and a $5 fee.
If you were injured in a Revel scooter accident in the Bronx, contact us immediately to discuss your rights.
Who is Liable for a Motorcycle Crash in New York State?
Determining who is liable for an accident isn’t always simple or straightforward. Sometimes liability is only determined after a thorough investigation and close examination of the accident report and available evidence.
Parties that may be potentially liable for a Bronx motorcycle accident include:
- Other motorcyclists
- Drivers of passenger vehicles
- Companies that employed negligent drivers
- Transit drivers and their employers (transit companies)
- Truck drivers and their employers (trucking companies)
- Government agencies
- Manufacturers or retailers of defective motorcycles.
After an accident, a reputable Bronx motorcycle accident lawyer can help determine who is at fault. We work with some of the best independent investigators and reconstructionists in New York who can determine what happened, and identify who is at fault or shares blame.
Once we understand who is liable, we can pursue compensation from anyone who caused your injuries or loved one’s death.
Bronx Motorcycle Accidents Can Cause Serious, Catastrophic, and Fatal Injuries
Being thrown from a bike can be deadly for a motorcyclist. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration said in one report that you are 26 times more likely to die on a motorcycle than as the occupant of a passenger vehicle.
Even with a helmet (required by law in New York), a motorcycle accident can cause serious, life-changing injuries.
Some of the injuries we have seen resulting from Bronx motorcycle accidents include:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Contusions and bruises
- Blunt force trauma and crushing injuries
- Burn injuries
- Degloving injuries
- Amputation injuries
- Road rash injuries
- Wrongful death
Getting medical attention as soon as possible is critical following any Bronx motorcycle accident. This will give you the best chance of recovery and also document your injuries, should you decide to pursue a personal injury claim.
As soon as your immediate medical needs have been met, contact Rosenbaum & Rosenbaum, P.C. to discuss your potential case.
Contact Rosenbaum & Rosenbaum, P.C. for a Free Consultation Today
If you or a loved one have been recently involved in an accident, contact our dedicated Bronx, NY personal injury law firm today. We are here to assist, answer your questions, and give you an experienced-based opinion of the potential value of your Bronx motorcycle accident case. Because you have a limited time to file your claim, do not delay. As always, if we represent you, we will not charge any legal fees unless we recover money for you.