Rosenbaum & Rosenbaum, P.C., provides aggressive and experienced litigation services for investors seeking to recover financial losses and lost investment opportunities resulting from negligence or misconduct on the part of a licensed securities broker in New York.
We handle cases involving securities fraud and adviser negligence, including litigation matters such as:
- Churning allegations: Excessive movement of investments from one account and type of investment to another, with the purpose of generating activity fees or covering up financial losses.
- Breach of fiduciary duty: Investor advisers, brokers and trustees have a responsibility to oversee securities and financial options to maximize investment potential. Failure to provide competent oversight on behalf of clients may be considered an act of professional negligence.
- Unsuitable investments: If you lost financial growth or opportunities because your investment adviser kept your money tied up in a bad investment, you have the right to pursue damages.
- Misrepresentation: You are entitled to seek money damages if you lost investment money because your broker misrepresented material facts or omitted to disclose information about a particular type of investment.
- Over-concentration: Brokers have a responsibility to ensure a proper mix of securities and investment products, in order to ensure the portfolio is not exposed to too much risk in one area.
- Unauthorized trading: Brokers are not allowed to engage in trading or manipulation of your investment portfolio without your knowledge and express consent to do so.
- Broker negligence: Investors are entitled to seek compensation for lost earnings and opportunities if they can demonstrate general or specific negligence on the part of their licensed broker or financial advisor.
SEC Arbitration Process
In order to avoid costly lawsuits, the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) offers an arbitration process for investors seeking redress for negligence and misconduct by their brokers. Our lawyers know the process and can help you determine whether an arbitration hearing is your best option for recovery.
Losing Money in Securities Does Not Mean Your Adviser Was Negligent
Not every investment turns golden and not every bad decision by a financial adviser is necessarily proof of negligence, incompetence or misconduct. Call us at 800-724-7971 to arrange an opportunity to discuss your investment circumstances with an attorney on our securities litigation team. We will provide a clear explanation of the law and give you an honest assessment of your opportunities for pursuing compensation.
NYC Securities Law Firm
From offices on Wall Street, Rosenbaum & Rosenbaum represents clients in securities litigation matters throughout New York and the nation. Contact us to schedule a consultation with one of our experienced New York securities litigation attorneys today.