Erb's palsy is a type of birth injury that causes damage to the nerves of the shoulder and elbow. When a baby's shoulder is stuck behind the mother's pubic bone, the process of getting the baby out may cause nerve damage, which in some cases can be permanent.
At the law firm of Rosenbaum & Rosenbaum, P.C., our firm is experienced at handling medical malpractice and birth injury cases in New York, including those involving Erb's palsy and other disorders. Working with medical experts, we work hard to pursue the compensation that our clients need for medical treatment and continuing care.
Erb's Palsy Symptoms After Mistreatment in the Delivery Room
Symptoms of Erb's palsy may include:
- Little to no muscle control
- Lack of feeling in the arm of hand
- Inability to move or to move with control
- No use of the shoulder or elbow
- Paralysis of the arm, including the hands and fingers
- Facial paralysis
- Inability to sit up without assistance
- Inability to crawl without assistance
- Numbness in the arm and no response to nerve stimulus
Surgery may be necessary in some cases to repair nerve damage and restore feeling and control to the impacted areas. The treatment and care associated with this disorder is often extensive and costly.
Experienced New York City Birth Injury Attorneys
From offices on Wall Street, Rosenbaum & Rosenbaum represents clients in birth injury litigation throughout the New York City metro area and the state. Contact us to schedule a consultation with one of our experienced New York Erb's palsy lawyers today.