While cerebral palsy is not always attributable to inadequate or negligent care on the part of delivery room physicians or nurses, there are many cases where medical malpractice is to blame for these disorders. Doctors are trained to monitor any signs of distress, including infection, fetal distress and insufficient oxygen supply to the baby.
The costs associated with cerebral palsy are expensive, and if negligence has occurred, you may be entitled to compensation. At Rosenbaum & Rosenbaum, P.C., in Manhattan, our lawyers have years of experience holding doctors, clinics and hospitals accountable for malpractice resulting in New York birth injuries.
Experienced New York Birth Injury Attorneys
Actions, or inactions, on the part of delivery room doctors that lead to cerebral palsy may include:
- Improper use of labor-inducing drugs
- Failure to properly monitor the condition of the fetus during labor
- Failure to act on changes in condition of the fetus or the mother during labor or pregnancy
- Failure to properly perform a C-section
- Failure to order or correctly interpret tests during pregnancy
- Excessive use of vacuum extraction
- Lack of oxygen to the brain
If you or someone you know has suffered cerebral palsy due to negligence, ask him or her to contact us for a free consultation and case evaluation. It is important to speak with an attorney in a timely fashion so that you can begin pursuing relief as soon as possible.
Free Initial Consultation Regarding Cerebral Palsy in New York
From offices on Wall Street, Rosenbaum & Rosenbaum represents clients in cases involving cerebral palsy and other birth injuries caused by malpractice throughout the New York City metro area and the state. Contact us to schedule a consultation with one of our experienced New York cerebral palsy attorneys.